How Do I Go About Getting Emancipated in Missouri?

Question by : How do I go about getting emancipated in Missouri?
Im 17 years old my mom has no legal rights over me and my dad just fell off the face of the earth due to his drug abuse. I make enough money to support myself I work two jobs and go to high school making all a and bs . Please help

Best answer:

Answer by wizjp
For the time it would take, and the money it would cost, with your parents missing, you’d be better off just to wait a year IMHO.

Otherwise, go talk to the local district court clerk

What do you think? Answer below!



MO House Sends Proposal to Require Drug Tests for Welfare Recipients to the Governor’s Desk – Missouri House of Representatives- Lawmakers truly agreed and finally passed legislation requiring the Department of Social Services to develop a program to drug test welfare recipients suspected of drug use.


Senate Candidates Addressing Veterans' Issues in TV Ads

Filed under: Drug Abuse Missouri

Shelley Berkley's Senate campaign is up with her first television ad, a 60-second commercial about her role in the passage of a measure aimed at improving substance abuse treatment at VA hospitals. Berkley's focus on the military is part of a larger …
Read more on National Journal


Health Buzz: More Babies Born to Opiate-Addicted Moms

Filed under: Drug Abuse Missouri

By Angela Haupt The number of babies born addicted to opiates, the class of drugs that includes heroin, methadone, and some prescription painkillers, has nearly tripled in the past decade. In fact, a baby is born every hour with signs of opiate drug …
Read more on U.S. News & World Report