Need Legal Advice With Child Whom Is Deaf Living With Biological Father in Missouri?

Question by Pattie F: Need legal advice with child whom is deaf living with biological father in Missouri?
This child’s father has full custody but biological mother in Arkansas still has visitation rights. Recently child was placed in foster home without mothers consent/notification because of drug use in home. Does DHS in state of Missouri have this right without notification of other parent? Child was placed in home(Foster care does not know sign language, Mother was told that they can communicate with pen and paper)

Best answer:

Answer by thylawyer
If the father had sole physical and legal custody, MO DHS probably can defend their action, though I suspect MO’s regulations would require them to place the child with a relative if possible.

The unanswered question is, why was the mother’s legal custody cut off, if it was?

Most deaf persons would regard having to use paper and pen to communicate as barbaric, but if there was no time to locate an Ameslan-speaking foster parent, it would be understandable. You do not state if the mother uses signing.

If possible, someone should get in touch with the lawyer appointed for the child, or get a lawyer to represent the child and another for the mother. Don’t wait too long.

Give your answer to this question below!



Take Action to Legalize Marijuana for medical and agricultural use – The top link goes directly to the proposed amendment. At the site you can also sign up to help the organization. GO directly there via the bottom link. As many of you know I suffer with nerve pain and marijuana is the only known substance that reduces such pain. This amendment is thorough and sound and certainly part of creating all of our ideal and opulent reality. *!*Please Share this video*!*


Teen Who Ran Over Officer Ordered to Substance Abuse Program

Filed under: Missouri Drug Use

REPUBLIC, Mo. — An Aurora teen who ran over a Republic police officer while drunk driving is sentenced for the crime. Aaron Gorman, now 19, was 17 years old when he was charged with Assault, Resisting Arrest and other drug charges. On Friday, he …


Missouri to get nearly .5 million from 2 lawsuit settlements

Filed under: Missouri Drug Use

Attorney General Chris Koster (D) says the company tried to market the anti-psychotic drug Risperdal to kids and the elderly, despite the FDA not approving its use for those age groups. Also, Missouri will get up to $ 1.1 million from a $ 76.5 million …
Read more on St. Louis Public Radio


One Response to Need Legal Advice With Child Whom Is Deaf Living With Biological Father in Missouri?

  • boingmgroin says:

    If you whant marijuana to be legal in Missourie, and? not just? for medical use, then click on this link!: htt p://sh ow-mec annabis .co m/tak e-action/

    If your not from Missouri, check it out anyway, because its the first step!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *