How Can You Change a Law?

Question by Emo Girl: How can you change a law?
My uncle died this summer and it was from mixing two drugs he shouldn’t of. He wanted to get into rehabs really bad but there is only a 72 hour holding period. As soon as that time was up he felt like he needed the drugs a lot so he signed himself out. I want to change that in Missouri and I have the support of some clubs and faculty members at my school. I would like to change it to be where if at least 3 family members signed the person in and they had a history medically of an addiction and doctor’s refusing to treat them then at least they can make the holding period longer.
Is this possible? Any suggestions?

Best answer:

Answer by cyanne2ak
It is possible to change, but very unlikely. You need to contact your local politicians and get THEIR support. You also need to contact your area’s state legislators and representatives. They can help you.

Give your answer to this question below!


Father of woman, 26, rushed to hospital after 'buying heroin from her

Filed under: Drug Rehabs Missouri

He was taken to a Moscow, Missouri hospital and has since recovered. … He told police from the emergency room that he had done the drug three times that …. into her own hands: Khloe Kardashian is reported to have started fertility treatment …
Read more on Daily Mail


Photos: Lindsay Lohan

Filed under: Drug Rehabs Missouri

Lohan has checked into rehab, said the 20-year-old actress in a statement issued … in custody for failing a drug test until another hearing nearly a month away.
Read more on Denver Post


Teen Mom Amber Portwood: Why I Chose to Go to Prison

Filed under: Drug Rehabs Missouri

Girl, if you can't get straight in rehab, there is NO WAY you are going to get straight in prison. Let's be real. Drugs are easier to get in prison than they are on the …
Read more on Us Magazine